News

Trailer fire

A trailer at the Spardell Mobile Home Park in Sparwood burned to the ground on Thursday night last week.

Sparwood firefighters were called to the fire at 11 p.m. and found smoke coming from one of the trailers. It took three hours to put the fire out.

“The fire was certainly a challenge,” said Sparwood Fire Chief Rick Goold. “It was actually two trailers that had been put together, and that created it’s own challenge.”

The owner of the trailer was at the next door neighbour’s at the time of the fire, which Goold believes was caused by a wood stove.

“There were 23 firefighters and five pieces of apparatus used to put out the fire. Everyone worked really hard into the night to get it under control.”

The owner’s pet cat died in the fire. Nobody was injured. The trailer is a write-off.

We encourage an open exchange of ideas on this story's topic, but we ask you to follow our guidelines for respecting community standards. Personal attacks, inappropriate language, and off-topic comments may be removed, and comment privileges revoked, per our Terms of Use. Please see our FAQ if you have questions or concerns about using Facebook to comment.

You might like ...

Amrik Virk advised Kwantlen on secret executive bonus
 
Finning employees make large donation to United Way
 
Locals purchase Montane Terraces
Jack Talstra made Freeman of the City of Terrace
 
Castlegar Winterfest cancelled
 
Robots battle it out for supremacy: Combatants came from around the West Kootenay
New rules coming for local election spending
 
Southeast district police honored as members of “Alexa’s Team”
 
Literacy on the road to school

Community Events, November 2014

Add an Event

Read the latest eEdition

Browse the print edition page by page, including stories and ads.

Nov 20 edition online now. Browse the archives.