• A bear has been seen in a yard on Second Avenue.
A delay in the berry crop is driving bears into town in search of easy food sources. Please be vigilant and ensure your garbage is kept indoors between collection days, BBQ’s are burned off, covered and secured, bird feeders are brought in, and any other attractants are secured.
Whether you are going for a walk along our trails in town or heading out into the alpine, put thought and energy into preventing encounters with wildlife. Make noise to warn bears of your presence, travel in groups and during daylight, and do not litter.
Bears have been seen:
• by the Beaver Pond in West Fernie
• on the dike trail in West Fernie
• on the dike trail just past Rip ‘n’ Richards restaurant
• at the off leash dog park in the Annex
• at the Fernie Golf and Country Club
• on Old Stumpy’s Trail
• behind the Fernie Mobile Home Park
• by the base of the Elk Chair and on Timberline Crescent at F.A.R.