This week, Island Lake Lodge launched their Iconic Photospots contest, where participants have the opportunity to win a travel voucher for the Lodge that is worth $1,000.
According to Mike McPhee, the Director of Sales and Marketing for Island Lake Lodge, there are numerous scenic views at Island Lake, and the intention of the contest is to share them.
“There are many amazing photo spots on the Island Lake property. We thought we would identify some of them and help our guests experience and share them,” he said.
To enter, contestants must take a photo from the 12 marked iconic photo spots and share their photos on Instagram using the hashtags at each location and outlined in the photo spot descriptions.
“There will be 12 identified iconic photo spots spread over the Island Lake trail system for summer 2016. Simply take a photo of the view from the spot and tag it,” said McPhee. “If you take photos of all 12 and post them, using the proper tags for each spot, you will be entered to win a $1,000 travel voucher for the lodge.”
The 12 spots will be identified by white signs that display the hashtag to use with the social media post and the spot’s unique number. Maps are available for trail users to plan their own iconic photo hikes.
The program closes in October when the contest winner will be chosen. The $1,000 voucher can be used in winter or summer and the Lodge may add more photo spots in years to come.
The 12 Iconic Photo Spots described
1. The Boat Launch – This is the most photographed place at Island Lake. #islandlakelodge1
2. I Dew Point – This iconic wedding ceremony spot makes for fantastic wedding photos. #islandlakelodge2
3. The Lake Bench – This romantic bench on the lake trail offers a unique view of the Island and lodge. #islandlakelodge3
4. Moose Grass Lookout – The grassy bank on the west side of the lake is a perfect moose viewing area and offers another view of the lake and Lizard Range. #islandlakelodge4
5. Fir Trail / Cedar and Fir Grove – The Fir trail is an easy extension to the Lake Trail and has some magnificent groves of old growth forest including giant Douglas Fir and Cedar trees. This spot will also have an interpretive sign describing the Old Growth Forest and have its own small sign. #islandlakelodge5
6. Old Growth Trail – More giant Old Growth trees. This photo spot will feature a giant cedar. #islandlakelodge6
7. Spineback Bench Bonsai Tree – The top of the Spineback trail offers a spectacular view, including the famous “Scot Schmidt” Bonsai Tree. #islandlakelodge7
8. Spineback Upper Bench – The upper Spineback bench is located amongst alpine wildflowers of all colours. #islandlakelodge8
9. Mt Baldy Summit – The top of Mt Baldy offers a 360 degree view of the valley, Lizard Range and Mt Fernie. #islandlakelodge9
10. Tamarack Viewpoint – The Tamarack Viewpoint gives hikers a unique panoramic view of the lodge, lake and Lizard Range. #islandlakelodge10
11. Lazy Lizard Lookout – The new Lazy Lizard bike trail includes machine built berms, bridges and Old Growth forest. The photo spot offers a view of the Bears and Lizard Range. #islandlakelodge11
12. Big White Summit – This mountain top is the highest accessible peak in the area and offers a stunning panoramic view of the Rocky Mountains #islandlakelodge12