Thursday, April 7
• In Fernie at 6:56 a.m. there was a single vehicle accident. One person was taken to the hospital but there were no injuries.
• In Sparwood at 8:21 a.m. there was a report of a shot being heard in the lower Sparwood area, on March 5 at 10:30 p.m. Police patrolled the area and the exact origin of the shot is unknown.
• In West Fernie at 11:15 a.m. a single vehicle accident occurred at the Fernie Alpine Resort. There were no injuries.
• In Fernie at 1:27 p.m. the fraudulent use of a ski pass was reported.
• In Fernie at 3:32 p.m. an iPhone and a camera were reported stolen from the ski hill.
• In Fernie at 10 p.m. a driver of a semi tow truck was reported to be driving without a Class 1 licence.
• In Fernie at 10:36 p.m. there was a suspicious vehicle at a business.
• In Sparwood at 11:27 p.m. an intoxicated driver was pulled over. The driver received a 90-day driving prohibition and a 30-day vehicle impound.
Friday, April 8
• In Sparwood at 10:04 a.m. a sexual assault was reported. The individuals involved know each other.
• In Fernie at 10:43 a.m. there was a prowler. The individual was not located.
• In Elkford at 1:25 p.m. there was a disturbance at the District Office.
• In Sparwood at 5:16 p.m. there was an abandoned 911 call. The origin of the call was unknown.
• In Sparwood at 6:28 p.m. there was a single vehicle accident. There were no injuries.
• In Fernie at 8:32 p.m. there was a false 911 call.
• In Sparwood at 8:48 p.m. a possible sexual assault was reported. Parties involved were known to each other.
• In Sparwood at 9:51 p.m. facebook threats were reported.
• In Fernie at 10 p.m. a 911 call was abandoned. The origin of the call was unknown.
Saturday, April 9
• In Fernie at 2:41 a.m. a female was removed from a motel for yelling and screaming. The female was suffering from mental health issues and taken to the hospital.
• In Fernie at 8:07 a.m. the Cranbrook detachment requested assistance with outstanding traffic violations.
• In Fernie at 12:06 p.m. there was a false 911 call.
• In Fernie at 12:36 p.m. a vehicle hit a deer. The deer was not located.
• In Sparwood at 1 p.m. there was an erratic driver in a red car with B.C. plates. The caller said that the car almost ran them off the road.
• In Fernie at 1:03 p.m. there was a false 911 call.
• In Elko at 2:27 p.m. a blue Jetta was reported to be speeding.
• In Fernie at 6:49 p.m. there was a false business alarm.
• In Fernie at 10:21 p.m. an individual was causing problems at a restaurant.
Sunday, April 10
• In Sparwood at 12:13 a.m. a missing youth was reported. This youth is a chronic runaway and was located safe and sound.
• In Sparwood at 2:06 a.m. a driver was stopped for speeding. The driver was intoxicated and failed to provide a breath sample. The driver was charged for refusal and lodged in a cell until sober.
• In Sparwood at 4:16 a.m. there was a possible impaired driver. Police located the individual sitting in their vehicle. The male was issued a 24-hour driving suspension and the vehicle was towed.
• In Sparwood at 10:39 a.m. an attempted break and enter occurred to a homeowner’s shed.
• In Fernie at 12:28 p.m. threats were reported. This is an ongoing problem between parties involved.
• In Fernie at 4:31 p.m. a purse was returned to the detachment.
• In Fernie at 5:32 p.m. there was a single vehicle accident with no injuries.
• In Fernie at 5:33 p.m. an erratic driver in a blue Dodge was reported to be passing unsafely. The vehicle was not located.
Monday, April 11
• In Fernie at 1:12 a.m. the fire department requested assistance regarding a bonfire in a backyard. The homeowner was issued a bylaw ticket for a having a fire without a permit.
• In Sparwood at 1:24 a.m. there was an abandoned 911 call. Police attended and there was a family disturbance that resulted in an intoxicated individual being removed and lodged in a cell until sober.
• In Fernie at 9:35 a.m. the Cranbrook detachment requested assistance to execute a warrant on a local individual.
• In Sparwood at 10:10 a.m. a suspicious male was walking around businesses. The suspect’s name was provided and the incident is under investigation.
• In Sparwood at 11:23 a.m. an individual accidentally called 911 when their cell phone was in their pocket.
• In Elkford at 11:27 a.m. a concerned caller reported a contractor for pouring Methyl Hydrate down a water main. The caller was concerned for environmental safety. Police were not concerned as this is a common practice for thawing frozen pipes.
• In Fernie at 11:38 a.m. four consuming liquor in public tickets were noted from the night before.
• In Sparwood at 11:43 a.m. a ticket was issued to an individual from the night before for consuming liquor in public.
• In Fernie at 3:15 p.m. a white semi with B.C. plates was reported for driving erratically.
• In Sparwood at 6:23 p.m. police carried out a wellbeing check. All was fine.
• In Sparwood at 6:36 p.m. a vehicle was reported for being parked too close to the train tracks.
• In Fernie at 7:06 p.m. a young girl was seen playing by Highway 3.
• In Fernie at 10:47 p.m. a request was made from the Cranbrook detachment to locate an individual.
Tuesday, April 12
• In Sparwood at 10:01 a.m. a domestic disturbance was reported.
• In Hosmer at 10:53 a.m. a request from the Cranbrook detachment was issued to seize firearms.
• In Sparwood at 1:50 p.m. the Crowsnest Pass detachment requested assistance in completing a next of kin notification.
• In Sparwood at 3:52 p.m. a vehicle was parked and the occupants were out sledding. When they returned it was discovered that ramps were stolen from the vehicle.
• In Sparwood at 4:41 p.m. a report was made about suspicious, fraudulent phone calls targeted at seniors.
• In Fernie at 5:11 p.m. a dirt bike fell over and hit a car.
Wednesday, April 13
• In Sparwood at 8:54 a.m. an individual accidentally called 911 when his cell phone was in his pocket.
• In Hosmer at 3:34 p.m. a ticket was issued for consuming liquor in public.
• In Fernie at 6:11 p.m. visa fraud was reported.
• In Fernie at 10:03 p.m. there was an individual in breach of court ordered conditions.
• In Fernie at 10:48 p.m. a missing individual who had run away was reported.