Cougars reported following hikers and approaching mountain bikers on Fairy Creek and Swine Flu trails. The trail has been closed until further notice. Bear sightings reported and a moose bluff charged an off leash dog on Lazy Lizard, cougar sightings reported on the interpretive trail in Mt Fernie Provincial Park.
If you encounter a Cougar
- STAY CALM, DO NOT RUN, MAINTAIN EYE CONTACT
- Pick up small children and small pets
- Let the Cougar know you are human-NOT prey
- Make yourself as large and as mean as possible
- Use your voice in a loud and assertive manner
- Back away slowly. Never turn your back on wildlife
- If the Cougar attacks, fight back with everything that you’ve got, it is a predatory attack
A grizzly bear was reported attacking chickens from a chicken coop.
Bear sightings reported by Rosen Lake
Never Approach or Feed Wildlife
Report human/wildlife conflict to 1-877-952-7277(RAPP) or #7277 on cell.
For more information on preventing human/wildlife conflict visit www.wildsafebc.com