Thursday, August 11
• TOPS (Take Off Pounds Sensibly) meets every Thursday night, 6:15 -7:30 p.m. in the Salvation Army building. Call Isabel, 250-423-7043.
• Every Thursday 6:30 p.m. onwards – fun darts at Sparwood Legion.
• Fernie Elks Lodge meeting – promoting and supporting community needs. Call 250-423-7536.
Friday, August 12
• Cribbage at Senior Drop-In Centre, Fernie, every Friday 7:30 p.m.
•Sparwood Legion open jam session at 7 p.m.
• Jitney darts every Friday at Fernie Royal Canadian Legion, 7:30 p.m. Drop in and meet new people. All adults welcome. If you are interested phone the lounge at 250-423-6218 for details.
• Fernie Heritage Library storytime program. 11:15 a.m. – Noon
Saturday, August 13
• Every Saturday meat draw and 50/50 draw at Sparwood Legion 4 – 6 p.m.
• Fernie Legion meat draw 4 – 6 p.m.
Fun and Entertaining. All welcome to join us. Bar quiz follows most weeks.
• Fifth Annual Elko Festival of entertainers. Shows: 2 p.m. and 7 p.m. Dinner: 5:15 p.m.
Social Evening after 9 p.m.
Sunday, August 14
• Alcoholics Anonymous meet at 7.30 p.m. in Fernie Anglican Church. Call 250-423-2131 for details.
•Sparwood Legion Texas Hold’em Poker Tournaments every second Sunday at 3 p.m, limited seating, must register. For more information or to register for poker, call 250-425-0081. Everyone welcome.
• Pancake breakfast at Elko Community Hall. $7. 9 a.m. to noon. Everyone welcome
Monday, August 15
• Mahjong at Seniors Drop in centre, Fernie, every Monday at 7 p.m.
• Dominoes at Seniors Drop in centre, Fernie, every Monday at 1 p.m.
• Fernie Chamber Orchestra meets every Monday at 7 p.m. Musicians of all abilities are welcome. For more info call Yolaine at 250-423-7825 or email@example.com
Tuesday, August 16
• Crib / Whist alternate weeks, Seniors Drop In Centre, Fernie, 7:30 p.m.
• Fernie options for a Sexual Health clinic: Open the first and third Tuesday of every month from 6.30 – 8.30 p.m. at Elk Valley District Hospital. Confidential drop-in clinic for comprehensive sexual health services include annual PAP exams, pregnancy testing and counselling, STI screening, subsidized birth control and education service. No appointment necessary. 250-423-8274.
• Fernie Heritage Library storytime program – ages three-five: 11:15 a.m. – Noon