Spicy mistake leaves man sick

A man was violently sick after a cook at a restaurant in Sparwood mistakenly put extra hot sauce on his food.

A man was violently sick after a cook at a restaurant in Sparwood mistakenly put extra hot sauce on his food.

The RCMP were called by the diner on Tuesday night after he ate at the restaurant and believed the hot sauce made him unwell.

The matter is still under investigation but police do not believe there was any malicious intent.

“It seems like there was a misunderstanding in the kitchen,” said Sgt. Dave Dubnyk from the Elk Valley RCMP. “It resulted in the customer, who is from out of town and doing some work in the area, getting hot sauce on his food when he didn’t request it.

“The man and the cook were not known to each other.”